Lutherhaven Ministries is the largest provider of day and overnight outdoor education programming for school-aged children in the tri-state Inland Northwest region. Each spring and fall nearly 3,000 children in grades 2 – 12 come to Camp Lutherhaven or Shoshone Mountain Retreat for one to four days of environmental studies, team building, and fun!
Lutherhaven Ministries is hiring Program Instructors and Support Staff at both Camp Lutherhaven and Shoshone Mountain Retreat, to lead groups through outdoor skills, challenge course, ecology classes, evening programs, and other duties around camp.
- Affirm basic Christian values and strongly support the goals of Lutherhaven Ministries. Read more about our approach to ministry here.
- Work within the structure of an association ministry, compatible with Christian and secular constituents.
- Positive attitude; energetic, dedicated and able to become involved in all aspects of the program.
- Foster a lifestyle of stewardship for creation.
- Commitment to children and outdoor learning.
- Experience working with children is preferred.
- Teaching experience is not required, but a background and willingness to learn about science or environmental studies is helpful.
- Special skills, like music, singing, storytelling, drama and group facilitation are a plus!
The Fall season runs from mid/late-August and through the end of October. Seasonal support staff and kitchen assistant positions may be available year-round. We also run a Spring season starting in mid-April and running to the end of May. The salary range is $350 – $450 per week depending on experience. You will be required to work 1-2 weekends per season.
- Pay – $350 – $450/week
- Room & Board – meals provided when groups are on site
- Free Wi-Fi
- Living on Lake Coeur d’Alene (Camp Lutherhaven) and/or the Panhandle National Forest (Shoshone) with easy access to outdoor activities such as hiking, biking, and boating.
Applications are available now and we are actively interviewing for fall positions.
Questions or interested in applying? Please contact Kate, at Kate@lutherhaven.com.