Lutherhaven Ministries is the largest provider of day and overnight outdoor education programming for school-aged children in the tri-state Inland Northwest region. Each spring, students in grades 2 – 12 come to Camp Lutherhaven or Shoshone Mountain Retreat for one to five days of environmental studies, team building, and fun!
Lutherhaven Ministries is hiring Program Instructors along with Kitchen and Hospitality Team Members at both Camp Lutherhaven and Shoshone Mountain Retreat to lead students through team-building activities, high ropes, ecology classes, evening programs, and complete other duties around camp.
Minimum Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Commitment to children and outdoor learning.
- Affirm basic Christian values and strongly support the goals of Lutherhaven Ministries. Read more about our approach to ministry here.
- Work within the structure of an association ministry, compatible with Christian and secular constituents.
- Positive attitude, energetic, dedicated, and able to be involved in all aspects of the program.
- Foster a lifestyle of stewardship for creation.
Preferred Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Experience working with children.
- Teaching experience is not required, but a background and willingness to learn about science or environmental studies is helpful.
- Special skills, like music, singing, storytelling, drama and group facilitation are a plus!
The Spring season runs from the beginning of April through the first week of June. There are opportunities to extend your employment into the summer with positions available at both our locations. Check out our Summer opportunities. Can’t work a full season? We still want to hear from you.
The salary range is $350 – $450 per week depending on experience and Room & Board. Your schedule may include weekend work, with time off scheduled during the week.
- Pay – $350 to $450/week
- Room & Board – meals provided when groups are on-site
- Free Wi-Fi
- Living on Lake Coeur d’Alene (Camp Lutherhaven) and/or the Panhandle National Forest (Shoshone Mountain Retreat) with easy access to outdoor activities such as hiking and biking.
Learn more here. Applications are available now and we are actively interviewing for spring positions.
Questions? Please contact the Outdoor Education Coordinator at Kate@lutherhaven.com.